Forthview House, Rosyth, KY11 2BL
About the job
Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.
Applications are invited for the role of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Overseas Team Leader (SNO TL) within DIOs Security Services Group. The role of SNO TL offers an outstanding opportunity for an experienced leader to deliver electronic and physical security solutions to high-profile and sensitive sites across the Defence and Government estates within the region. The successful applicant will be offered a rewarding, high-profile role at the heart of security delivery supporting top priority programmes across all Front Line Commands. The role provides exposure to, and requires excellent relationships with, senior customers and stakeholders across MOD and wider government and includes responsibilities for motivating and developing the SNO team, improving performance and driving change across the team and wider organisation.
This post is advertised at 37 hours.
Security Services Group (SSG) plays a vital role in protecting some of the most sensitive sites at home and overseas.
SSG is responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of electronic and physical security systems across the MOD estate (including AWE, Faslane, Dstl and at our most sensitive and high-profile military sites), other government departments (including No. 10, across the Parliamentary Estate, Royal Palaces and the FCO) and other sensitive sites across the UK and overseas.
SSG employs over 200 highly-skilled civil servants located throughout the UK and overseas. It operates as a self-funded, hard-charging business unit within the Defence Infrastructure Organisation. SSG turns over in excess of 25M and returns a surplus each year for re-investment in the Defence estate.
The role offers the successful candidate a unique opportunity to work in a business-orientated organisation, very different to the majority of roles offered in the MOD or across the civil service.
SSGs Scotland, Northern Ireland and Overseas Team Leader is accountable to the Head of Operations and is responsible for circa 30 staff throughout the region, ensuring they have the skills and support to deliver safely for our customers.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following experience:
People and team leadership;
Programme and project management;
Building strong and effective stakeholder relationships;
Financial and commercial awareness.
Experience with and knowledge of electronic security systems (including CCTV, Intruder Detection Systems and Access Control);
Facilities and estate management;
A recognised Project/Programme Management qualification;
An Engineering/Security qualification;
Membership of the Security Institute and/or Register or Security Engineers and Specialists or the ability to obtain this within 12 months of starting in post.
The offered location is Rosyth but other DIO Scotland/Northern Ireland hub locations will be considered. Any candidate seeking locations outwith DIO Rosyth are advised that regular attendance (min. 3 days a week) will be required.
Responsibilities- Leadership, management and development of SSGs Scotland, Northern Ireland and Overseas team, fostering an environment of strong working relationships and providing direction, support and guidance to deliver safely and consistently for our customers.
- Lead the delivery of electronic and physical security systems installation and maintenance on high-profile and sensitive MOD/Other Government Department sites throughout the region.
- Driving improved customer satisfaction and delivery against customer priorities by directing resources and matrix managing staff to deliver outputs under a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for leading and continually improving risk management and health & safety activities, putting safety at the heart of everything the team does.
- Reviewing and assessing project/maintenance performance, taking corrective action or re-prioritising as appropriate to ensure commitments are delivered.
- Acting as a trusted advisor, providing the Front Line Commands with professional advice and support.
- Building strong, effective relationships with customers and stakeholders across the region to improve our service and deliver against requirements, including visible, active participation in customer performance reviews with DIO and the Front Line Commands.
- Key member of SSGs wider leadership team demonstrating enthusiasm for and positive participation in the Operations Board, Regional Performance Reviews and other management forums.
- Actively pursue professional development including membership of recognised bodies including the Register of Security Engineers and Specialists.
Regular travel throughout Scotland and Northern Ireland and to locations in Cyprus and Gibraltar will be required to deliver the responsibilities associated with this role.
About our Team
SSG is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and so welcomes applications from anyone who meets the standard requirements. However, females are currently under-represented in our organisation and we would therefore particularly welcome applications from individuals in this group.
DIO is part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD). We play a vital role in supporting Defence by leading and managing the delivery of what the Armed Forces need to live, work, train and deploy on operations. Our people share the common goal of supporting our Armed Forces through management of the military estate. See more on Defence Infrastructure Organisation GOV.UK
To find out more about us, take a look at the attached Quick Guide to DIO or you can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
To help achieve our objectives, we believe in six important values (Safety first, Collaboration, Integrity, Agility, Accountability and Enthusiasm) that underpin our vision and mission. These values equip us for the future and shape how we work together. These values are designed by DIO for DIO.
Well assess you against these behaviours during the selection process: