Claims,Insurance,Head of Claims
Our client is currently recruiting for a Head of Customer Claims to head up the Claims Department. As the Head of Customer Claims you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of the Claims Department. You will drive delivery of all Targets and Objectives through your team leaders, providing individual feedback in 121s and across wider claims departmentBased in their Liverpool office you will measure and ensure delivery of improved productivity across the claims department, ensuring control of overtime spend and measuring the value of overtime against throughput of work resulting in it. You should maintain a strong overview of claims control processes, continuously identifying areas of underperformance or exposure and implementing improvement.Role / Responsibilities:
To apply for this role, the successful candidate must have the following:
- Produce accurate and informative MI for presentation to the line manager on a daily, weekly, monthly and ad hoc basis when required.
- Using MI, identify trends, areas of improvement and individual staff performance concerns to ensure efficient and optimal running of the department.
- Provide operational and technical support to the team leaders, including acting as a referral point for staff.
- Deliver a culture of robust people management, ensuring 121s, mid-year and end of year appraisals are delivered
- Maintain a strong overview of claims control processes, continuously identifying areas of underperformance or exposure and implementing improvement.
- Actively participate in regular engagement of the team leaders. Chair meetings to ensure cross team co-operation and provide final say on communication and operational improvement initiatives.
- Take ownership of your own development, demonstrating you have an excellent understanding of market awareness, proactively managing any market changes, aligning them to the companys strategy.
- Support the audit function and identify areas of improvement required.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role.
- Ability to manage all stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Report writing and ability to analyse outcomes and MI.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- An understanding of the main principles of laws relating to all relevant jurisdictions.
- Developed IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with difficult people issues and provide the right outcome for the person and the business.
- Strong role model leadership skills that motivate, empower, support and reward people.
- Ability to react positively to problem solving and different leadership styles.
- Strong people skills, showing that you can support people development and succession planning.
- Service related holiday entitlement capped at 24 days
- Promotion and career development
- Competitive salary
- Charity fundraising events
- Free Hot Drinks
- Pension scheme
How to apply:To apply for this role, please forward your CV in confidence quoting reference 1904-52TW.Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 7 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.
Login & Apply
- Head of Claims